Friday, April 23, 2010

Medi Pants

In the modern age there is seemingly an infinite supply of areas in which we can dedicate our attention. Some of us even believe that we dedicate an even and fair amount of our attention to more than one thing, even though Oprah and psychologists everywhere seem to have proven that it's pretty much impossible to truly multitask.

Have you ever noticed though, how sometimes your mind while dead-set on focusing on one thing will completely shift your attention to something else? Maybe its a minor case of ADD but I find that it happens to me quite a bit. But with ADD being the most over-diagnosed of all psychological disorders these days, I feel safe saying that it probably happens to most of us.

Just recently I realized in one of these moments that I have been quite happily married now for nearly two years...

I realized that if this casual realization of happiness and bliss happens in a fleeting moment of inattentiveness... things must be going extremely well indeed. Nothing seems to be amiss. All my sails are cast... and my Medi Pants and I are sailing farther and farther into the open waters together.

2 comments:

  1. when i read this i got that feeling i get when i watch the end of "it's a wonderful life". what is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Love JT, Love!! or semi-horror.. that was a sad/good movie.

    ReplyDelete