Saturday, February 6, 2010

Don't Let Your Mom Be Your Agent


My acting career lasted exactly one commercial. I was about 7 or 8. It was for a place called Paper World. The sold costumes and party supplies. The commercial went like this; I was dressed like a pirate and with a girl who I think was dressed as a princess. We were standing motionless next to a score of costumed mannequins trying to blend in. A guy in a gorilla suit (or now that I think of it, possibly a gorilla dressed in a gorilla suit) approached us inquisitively. After examining us for a few moments he left the shot. A couple seconds later he jumps back into the shot in a startling manner. The princess and I quickly flee in fright. My Mom was my agent so all I got was a finger puppet. I can't prove anything of course but I'm pretty sure Johnny Depp saw this local commercial and drew on it heavily for his Jack Sparrow character.

No comments:

Post a Comment